Tuesday, August 25, 2009

To gove or not to give, that is the question

JUST ANOTHER INDICATION OF THE DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA!
I recently had need to get blood drawn for a few tests. Although I have gone through this procedure numerous times I never knew that the person drawing the blood was called a Phlabotomist.
I would have thought that they could find a better title for this profession, perhaps Igorarator, Fangmeister, Stickeroo, Draculamaniac or the ever popular Veinfinder. All of these names seem far more appropriate than Phlabotomist.
What was even more disturbing was the sign listing do's and dont's that was facing me as I waited to get punctured. Just a few tid bits that made me more than quizy!
BE CAREFUL - Why should the Phlabotomist have to have a sign reminding her/him to be careful? Do they stab themselves? Do they use the needles more than once?
TALK TO THE PATIENT - Why, I'm there to get my blood taken not to hear about what they did last night!
WEAR PROTECTIVE GEAR - Have you ever seen a "blood taker" with a helmet, goggles, or boots? I think not!
ASK FOR HELP - They are kidding, right? First why should they need help? If they need help, who do they call, another Phlabotomist who may also need help?
As if this was not enough, the Phlabotomist who was preparing to take my blood, had a problem finding the right test on the computer. She asked me for help! I guess that ask for help and talk to the patient are synonymous.
The next time that you have to get a blood test, you might consider having the Phlabotomist take a written exam first.
RESPECT FOR OTHERS
There is no secret that I am less than enamored with the present administration in Washington, but you would think that a freshman Congressman would have a bit more sense.
Freshman Congressman John Adler, representing New jersey's 6 th District which encompasses a number of heavily Jewish communities, had his staff send a "robo call" to all registered Democrats on a Saturday morning. The call invited all residents to a "Town Hall" meeting in one hour.
Not only was no real notice provided, but a large number of residents were observing their Sabbath, did not receive the call and could not have attended in any case.
Congressman Adler, has voted the straight Pelosi line, with no regard for his constituents and now slapped them in the face by limiting his "open" meeting to his own party and then only those who were Christian.
Hopefully, Congressman Adler's sophomore term will never materialize.
See you all on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment